The wonderful thing about stuffed mushrooms is that you can add almost anything you want and they will be delicious. For these mushrooms, I added spinach and artichoke dip that I bought at the store, but you could easily make your own with fresh spinach, canned artichoke hearts and a cream cheese / sour cream base. I added some parmesan cheese because why not! You could include some diced mushrooms, some sauteed sausage, or a bruschetta mix as well. Add a drizzle of balsamic before serving.
Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
- 4 each portabello mushrooms de stemmed and cleaned of gills
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup spinach & Artichoke Dip store bought
- freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the oil and vinegar together with some salt and pepper and drizzle over cleaned, de-gilled mushrooms. Let the mushrooms marinate in the mix for about 30 minutes. I used Mushroom Sage in this recipe but Chipotle Olive Oil would be fantastic as well.
- Mix the cheese, bread crumbs and dip together. Scoop into the hollow side of the mushrooms and put in the oven for about 15 minutes or edges are bubbling
- Drizzle with a little chocolate balsamic and serve!