This salad combines some of my favorite things… fresh spring asparagus and green beans, hard boiled eggs and BACON! In putting it together, I debated on the dressing and finally settled on Herbs de Provence olive oil and Cranberry Pear Balsamic. I tried it with Gremolata and Grapefruit, Herbs de Provence and Lavender, Basil and Lemon… you get the idea. This was my favorite combination. What I am trying to say however, is that any combination works on this salad. Just pick your go to and enjoy every bite!
Green Bean & Asparagus Salad
- 1 pound green beans stems removed
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoons shallot finely chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 each hard boiled eggs peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp MTOO Cranberry Pear Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons MTOO Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus and green beans until crisp. Do not over cook. Drain and refresh under cool water. Let cool completely
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and mustard. Season to taste
- Chop cooled veggies and transfer to a salad bowl. Top with shallot and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and top with eggs and serve.