I made this recipe a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. The rich flavors of the mushrooms combined beautifully with the bright lemon balsamic. Risotto takes a few minutes, just be patient while it absorbs all the liquid. Add more lemon balsamic as desired for a sharper flavor. Sprinkle liberally with parmesan cheese as you plate it and maybe a swirl of oil to finish!
Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice risotto
- 4 tbsp MTOO Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup rough chopped asparagus
- 2 cups rough chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 lb chicken diced
- cup ½grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp MTOO Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken in a mix of the Mushroom Sage Olive Oil and Lemon Balsamic with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the chicken broth. In a saute pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add the onion. Cook for 3 minutes until translucent, add the chicken and cook for two minutes on each side. Add asparagus and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and a splash of lemon balsamic. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the saute pan, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Add the risotto and toss to coat. Start adding the broth one ladleful at a time, adding more as it absorbs. This process should take about 20 minutes. Once all the liquid is added, add another tablespoon of Lemon Balsamic and the parmesan cheese. Add back in the chicken and mushroom mix and let cook at a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste